Give us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to be free. Oh, how this expression has changed. Now what the population seems to want is a handout rather than freedom. What's in it for me has become the rally cry instead of what can my individualism create. We are quickly becoming a completely dependent society, and the government is always happy to oblige. Witness the most recent "stimulus package". This farce is nothing more than a buy the votes campaign. Amazing how these rebates show up in election years. Don't get me wrong, I will happily go spend my check when it arrives, but the overall economic impact will be marginal.
I personally am not wealthy. My family and I are firmly in the "middle class". My wife and I both work for someone else and probably always will. We most likely won't ever own a business or employ other people. The spending we do at the grocery store or Wal-Mart just doesn't move enough money to create jobs or wealth. If we never spent another dime, trust me, no one would notice. I say all that to remind everyone that the economy only moves by tax cuts and "true" spending cuts, not reductions in growth, but true cuts, by scaling back the gross size of our over intrusive government, a government that desires nothing more than to be in "all" your business, running every aspect of your life. For, of course, they are far smarter than, you and therefore much better equipped to make "all" your decisions for you.
As for tax cuts, here it comes folks, I am talking about on businesses and the "wealthy" among us. In case you hadn't noticed these are the people and places that employee and "pay" the rest of us. Put more money back in the pockets of those who are in a position to start new companies, employee more people, increase salaries, create wealth for others. Lowering the burdensome tax rates permanently will actually increase tax revenues, it works every time it's tried. Until we get over our silly "class envy" we are going to slowly tax ourselves out of existence or at least out of a job.
I want government out of my pocket. I want my money to spend as I see fit. The government does nothing that creates wealth. The government simply redistributes wealth they have taken from someone. Every time you receive a "handout" from your "friends" in Washington, try to remember to thank your friend, your neighbor, your employer who sent their hard earned income in as taxes so that you could receive your check. What has happened to personal responsibility. I was raised to take care of my own and to help others as I could. I certainly haven't and don't ever expect, nor do I want, "The Government" to ever take care of me. I realize that the hand that feeds also is the hand that controls. The last thing that I ever want is for someone else, especially the government, to have control of my life.
I hope and pray that at least one person who reads this wakes up. Let's take back our lives. Pay attention to those you send to Washington. Look for leadership who is pushing for tax cuts and spending reductions. Stop the me first mentality and realize we all benefit when the government is small and taxes are low across the board. As my final plea I ask each of you to take responsibility for your own lives and no longer rely on someone or expect someone else to take care of your needs. God Bless America.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments
Post a Comment