From FoxNews.com, the Supreme Court Ruling Opens Door for States to Resume Executions by Lethal Injection. Actually, that's not as helpful as my title would suggest, but it's a start.
Seriously, though, I have mixed emotions about this. For one thing, we've seen endless cases of mass jury ignorance. How much do you trust a system that can't get famous murderers convicted in Los Angeles even when their guilt is obvious to all? I can only assume, perhaps incorrectly and without proper logic (but that never stopped me before), that we are not only letting some guilty people go free, but we are letting some innocent people hang.
Second, as the government takes more and more powers for itself, I begin to lose my fondness for some of the ones they already had. The expansion of governmental oppression is staggering these days, which makes the right of the government to take the lives of it's own citizens all the more unpalatable to me.
For a sort of related entry, check a piece I did on France, free speech and political correctness run amok over at my Christian site. Click here to read that piece.
Paul Zannucci | Society's Biggest Idiots to Receive Lethal Injection
Posted by Paul Zannucci | 9:52 AM | Death Penalty, Paul Zannucci, Political Correctness | 0 comments »
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments
Post a Comment